Here are the top best San diego car accident lawyer voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Fight for Maximum Recovery
Here at Liljegren Law Group, we try to make a difficult time as easy as possible for you and your family. If you have been injured in a car crash in San Diego County and are considering hiring an accident attorney, we can help you today. Here are some of the reasons why you should contact our firm today.
- We provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation.
- We will let you know if you have a legitimate claim.
- If we accept your case, you don’t pay us anything unless we can recover money for you.
- We handle dealing with the insurance companies for you.
- We have extensive experience handling auto accident lawsuits for people in San Diego County.
San Diego Car Accident FAQ:
- Who is Liable For My Car Accident Injuries?
- How Much do Accident Attorneys Cost in San Diego?
- Where are San Diego’s car accident hotspots
- What Should I do After an Accident?
- 5 Rules to Remember After a Car Crash
Do You Have an Accident Case? Fill Out a Free Case Evaluation Form!
Getting into a traffic accident is frightening for anyone, especially when you or a loved one suffers injuries. Even a “fender bender” can lead to uncomfortable conditions such as whiplash. A car accident claim can be stressful, since insurance companies use loopholes to avoid paying you what you deserve for medical bills, damage, and ongoing expenses associated with your recovery. But our San Diego car accident lawyers, like Scott Liljegren can help ensure you aren’t stuck fighting them and paying hefty bill you don’t deserve.
Understanding Fault After Your Auto Accident
California is a “fault” insurance state, meaning accident victims usually file a claim with an insurance company to receive compensation for damages. Unfortunately, these insurance companies have been known to take advantage of the system and avoid paying a fair value for the claim. You’ve been faithfully paying your premiums, so shouldn’t an insurance company respond in kind? Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, so it’s essential to have our San Diego car accident attorneys in your corner.
California accident victims are also free to pursue civil suits against the driver at fault under the state’s financial responsibility laws. If a car accident only involves property damage, you may be better off handling the claims process yourself. But if you or a loved one has been injured, consult with our San Diego personal injury attorneys.
Fill out our quick case evaluation form below and we’ll contact you to schedule a free, face-to-face consultation with an experienced attorney from Liljegren Law Group. Our law firm has offices all around San Diego.
Compensation for Auto Accident Victims
If you’re having trouble recovering money from the insurance company, we can help. We can also help pursue a claim against the at-fault driver. Our goal is to help you claim a settlement to help pay for:
- Your medical bills, including future rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages from missed work, including any loss in earning capacity
- Property damage expenses, including renting a car
- Other out-of-pocket expenses associated with the accident
- Intangible damages such as pain, suffering and mental anguish
Who Might be at Fault for Your Losses?
Each accident claim is different, but these are some examples of the parties that can be held responsible for your injuries and losses.
- Reckless Drivers: Speeding, running red lights and driving distracted are common behaviors leading to serious accident, but even improper lane changes could help prove negligence in a car accident and injury lawsuit. Generally, no one is quick to take blame for a serious crash, even if it seems obvious. The Liljegren Law Group will help gather the necessary evidence and conduct interviews to ensure negligent drivers are held responsible.
- Car Manufacturing Companies: From defective brakes, airbags and even doors that can fly open while driving, no car manufacturer has remained immune from recalls and defects causing injuries and deaths. They also have a duty to properly inform the public and fix these defects in a legal, timely manner.
- Local or State Governments: It is usually the city’s responsibility to properly maintain roads, display proper signage and construct properly designed roads. If hazardous road conditions were a factor in your accident, the Liljegren Law Group has the experiences and resources to properly investigate and fight back against negligent parties, companies and agencies.
- Rideshare Companies: Lyft, Uber and other rideshare companies are used daily by individuals and by businesses. Neither, the drivers nor the companies are quick to take blame and will make the process difficult than when dealing with an unaffiliated reckless driver.
How Much Will a Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Here at Liljegren Law Group, we handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing at all for our services unless we can recover money for you! If we are successful, then we take a small percentage of the recovery. This way, our interests are aligned as our goal is always to maximize your recovery amount. Additionally, our consultations are free so do not hesitate to call us and ask us any questions you would like!
We Represent All of San Diego County in Every Type of Car Accident Case
Our firm brings years of experience to the table and offers convenience with its eight locations throughout southern California. Our commitment to our clients makes us a top-rated personal injury law firms in San Diego. We offer our undivided and personalized attention to every client who walks through our doors.
To learn more about how we can help, contact us to set up a free initial consultation with an experienced San Diego car accident lawyer.
San Diego Roads With the Most Accidents & Injuries
Below is a list of the streets in San Diego County where the most accidents have occurred from 2010-2016.
City Road Crashes Fatals Injuries SAN DIEGO UNIVERSITY AV 372 3 499 SAN DIEGO EL CAJON BL 344 1 472 ESCONDIDO VALLEY PKWY 275 2 431 OCEANSIDE COLLEGE BL 223 0 267 OCEANSIDE RT 76 212 1 220 ESCONDIDO EL NORTE PKWY 187 2 285 OCEANSIDE OCEANSIDE BL 187 1 216 ESCONDIDO CENTRE CITY PKWY 186 3 296 ESCONDIDO WASHINGTON AV 184 1 297 ESCONDIDO MISSION AV 181 0 291 SAN DIEGO MIRA MESA BL 180 2 292 CHULA VISTA 4TH AV 178 1 254 CHULA VISTA BROADWAY 178 1 202 SAN DIEGO BALBOA AV 178 1 282 SAN DIEGO CLAIREMONT MESA BL 178 1 262 OCEANSIDE MISSION AV 174 1 168 CARLSBAD PALOMAR AIRPORT RD 172 0 173 SAN DIEGO GENESEE AV 171 2 259 CHULA VISTA 3RD AV 163 1 205 SAN MARCOS WEST SAN MARCOS BL 161 2 115 ESCONDIDO ESCONDIDO BL 158 2 243 UNINCORPORATED RT 67 155 2 105 SAN DIEGO IMPERIAL AV 154 4 222 UNINCORPORATED RT 76 154 2 148 SAN DIEGO MARKET ST 151 1 214 SAN DIEGO RT 15 150 2 227 SANTEE MISSION GORGE RD 148 3 99 NATIONAL CITY HIGHLAND AV 146 1 171 CARLSBAD EL CAMINIO REAL 145 1 154 SAN DIEGO FRIARS RD 137 2 192 VISTA RT 78 135 1 72 UNINCORPORATED SWEETWATER RD 130 0 113 ESCONDIDO 9TH AV 128 0 192 ESCONDIDO GRAND AV 125 0 195 CHULA VISTA PALOMAR ST 123 1 140 CHULA VISTA EAST H ST 122 0 171 CHULA VISTA OTAY LAKES RD 122 0 113 CORONADO RT 75 121 1 99 SAN DIEGO 4TH AV 121 0 164 SAN DIEGO MIRAMAR RD 121 0 198 SAN DIEGO COLLEGE AV 120 1 168 VISTA VISTA VILLAGE DR 119 0 71 CHULA VISTA H ST 118 1 122 SAN MARCOS SOUTH RANCHO SANTA FE RD 118 0 71 SAN DIEGO 5TH AV 117 2 157 ENCINITAS ENCINITAS BL 116 0 65 UNINCORPORATED JAMACHA RD 115 0 92 SAN DIEGO GRAND AV 114 2 143 CHULA VISTA TELEGRAPH CANYON RD 113 0 125 SAN DIEGO GARNET AV 112 2 149 UNINCORPORATED RT 78 112 3 88 UNINCORPORATED JAMACHA BL 111 1 100 ESCONDIDO BROADWAY 110 4 161 SAN DIEGO BLACK MOUNTAIN RD 109 2 161 VISTA SOUTH MELROSE DR 109 0 103 SAN DIEGO 6TH AV 108 0 163 SAN DIEGO CARMEL MOUNTAIN RD 108 2 167 UNINCORPORATED SOUTH MISSION RD 106 0 73 POWAY POMERADO RD 105 0 70 SAN DIEGO PARK BL 103 0 121 SAN MARCOS RT 78 103 1 72 SAN DIEGO RT 805 102 0 143 SAN DIEGO A ST 101 0 147 SAN DIEGO ROSECRANS ST 101 3 123 SAN DIEGO KEARNY VILLA RD 100 1 155 SAN DIEGO BROADWAY 99 0 131 SAN DIEGO RT 5 97 1 120 UNINCORPORATED RT 94 97 2 66 VISTA SYCAMORE AV 95 0 70 VISTA WEST VISTA WY 95 0 75 CHULA VISTA OLYMPIC PKWY 94 1 120 SANTEE CUYAMACA ST 94 0 66 ESCONDIDO FIG ST 93 1 155 SAN DIEGO LINDA VISTA RD 93 1 126 ESCONDIDO ASH ST 92 0 124 LEMON GROVE BROADWAY 92 0 79 CARLSBAD CARLSBAD VILLAGE DR 91 0 75 CORONADO ORANGE AV 91 0 73 ENCINITAS LEUCADIA BL 91 1 71 ESCONDIDO JUNIPER ST 91 0 144 POWAY COMMUNITY RD 91 0 47 EL CAJON MAGNOLIA 90 0 136 SAN DIEGO PALM AV 89 1 121 SAN DIEGO INGRAHAM ST 88 1 119 SAN DIEGO G ST 87 0 117 ESCONDIDO LINCOLN AV 86 0 137 SAN DIEGO SUNSET CLIFFS BL 86 0 117 CARLSBAD RT 5 85 0 65 CHULA VISTA E ST 85 2 97 NATIONAL CITY NATIONAL CITY BL 85 1 79 CARLSBAD LA COSTA AV 83 0 66 CHULA VISTA MAIN ST 83 0 108 OCEANSIDE EL CAMINIO REAL 83 0 67 EL CAJON WASHINGTON 82 1 133 ESCONDIDO QUINCE ST 82 0 141 IMPERIAL BEACH PALM AV 82 1 58 SAN DIEGO EUCLID AV 82 0 120 SAN DIEGO NORTH HARBOR DR 81 0 121 NATIONAL CITY EAST PLAZA BL 80 0 79 VISTA EAST VISTA WY 79 1 71
Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of unintentional death in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Over 30,000 die each year nationwide, and account for $44 billion in medical and lost work costs. Another 2 million are injured, accounting for an additional $200 billion in costs.
California Car Accident Fatalities
Car accidents on California’s busy highways can be incredibly dangerous. Not only can mobile vehicle incidents lead to severe injuries, they can also cause death. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 3,304 fatal crashes resulting in 3,602 deaths in California throughout 2017. While this accounts for 9.1 deaths per 100,000 people, these numbers make California the state with the second highest amount of fatal car crashes in the country, after Texas.
See our New Study: Most Dangerous (and Safest) Cities for CA Drivers
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
There are numerous reasons for car accidents – in fact, too many to fully detail. Each car accident is unique and fault depends on individual circumstances. However, there are several causes that often play a role in California auto accidents:
In recent years, distracted driving has played an increasingly prominent role in car accidents. Though we have laws banning mobile device use, people still use driving as an opportunity to text, talk, and scroll through social media. California law mandates that all cell phones must be mounted on the dashboard when using the navigation system. If a person involved in an accident is caught even holding their phone, they may be at fault. Other examples of distracted driving include eating, drinking, looking toward the backseat, or any action that takes a driver’s attention off the road.
Breaking Traffic Laws
We’re all guilty of breaking traffic laws from time to time – rolling stops, failing to signal, or failing to yield. If a driver doesn’t observe applicable traffic laws, they’ll likely be found at fault for an accident.
Failure to observe the speed limit is another example of a traffic violation, but it so commonly plays a role in car accidents that it merits its own discussion. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding is a factor in nearly a third of all serious auto accidents.
Inclement weather like rain, storms, and wind often play a role in auto accidents, especially here in southern California (where we’re used to sunshine). Slick roadways and decreased visibility make driving especially hazardous.
Like distracted driving, driving while impaired plays a major role in car accidents. These types of accidents are often serious and cause permanently disabling injury, as they are more likely to occur at high speeds. Drunk driving is a leading cause of car accident fatality and injury.
When we don’t get enough sleep, our judgment becomes impaired. Driver fatigue is especially dangerous when we consider truck drivers, who often travel cross-country and work under tight deadlines. That is one of the main causes for truck accidents, but Drowsy driving accidents are on the rise as a whole, as well, with CDC studies showing 16 to 19-year olds most at risk.
Types of Injuries From Car Accidents
A motor vehicle accident can lead to virtually any kind of injury, but some are more common than others. The severity of an injury will depend on a number of factors, for example, vehicle speed and the types of cars involved.
In serious car accidents, victims may suffer from open or closed head injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI). The side effects from these injuries can be permanently disabling and require a lifetime of care and assistance.
Neck Injuries, back injuries & spinal injuries
High speed collisions involve a lot of force. As such, victims commonly report head and back injuries. Spinal cord injuries may include disc displacement, fractured vertebrae, or nerve damage. These injuries require immediate and ongoing medical attention.
Drivers often report mild or severe injuries to the face as the result of impact with another vehicle. Examples include broken or bruised cheekbones, broken noses, burns from airbag impact, and concussions.
Broken bones are commonplace in both high and low impact collisions. Drivers and passengers may suffer broken bones in the wrists, collarbone, or extremities. Other injuries, such as dislocation and bone bruising may also occur.
If left untreated, internal bleeding can be devastating, leading to organ failure, sepsis, or death.
Some injuries might not manifest until well after an accident. For example, post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression can seriously diminish quality of life.
What to do Immediately After an Auto Accident?
Being in a car crash is frightening, even if you consider yourself calm under pressure. If you’ve been involved in an accident, take a deep breath and take the following actions:
- Make sure everyone is okay – In the event of injury, call emergency services and the police. Note that the San Diego police will only report to the scene of an accident if there are injuries.
- Move vehicle to safe spot
- Take pictures of everything – This may include the damage to your vehicle, the other driver’s car, landmarks, and injuries. These will aid in your insurance claim.
- Call the police – Only sign a report from the on-site police officer – never from the other driver’s insurance company.
- Get insurance information – This includes; from the other driver, and make a note of their license plate.
- Call your insurance company – Notify your insurance agent as soon as possible. If you have sustained serious injury and believe the other driver was at fault, get in touch with a local car accident attorney. These two will work together to pay for your medical bills, missed work, and ongoing care.
5 Things to Remember After a Car Accident
To successfully handle the aftermath of your car accident, remember these five rules:
- Never admit fault – It’s nice to say sorry when you’re late to an appointment, but in an auto accident this is the same as admitting fault. Ask the driver if they’re okay, but never say “I’m sorry.”
- State only the facts – Only discuss these with your insurance company and the on-site police officer.
- Do not talk give a recorded statement to the other side’s insurance company without an attorney.
- Be careful what you sign – Only sign documentation from your insurance company or the police officer on scene
- If you are injured, go to the hospital – Seek medical attention promptly, and take care of yourself.
Did you witness a car accident and are unsure what to do or if you are now under any legal obligations? Our blog post should help answer any of these or similar questions: What to do After Witnessing a Car Accident.
Get Started Today | Contact Liljegren Law Group
Need help from experienced Car Accident Lawyers? Liljegren Law Group will protect your legal rights. We offer free consultations and will provide you with the best legal representation you need. Schedule your free case evaluation online or give us a call at any time. (619) 460-0109