Below are the best information about Knee mri cost without insurance public topics compiled and compiled by our team
A Knee MRI or MRI Scan of a knee joint is an imaging scan to study the inner structure of the knee. Knee MRI uses a magnetic field, radio waves, and a computer to scan the internal structure of the knee. Knee MRI cost in India starts at Rs 2499 and may go up to Rs 12000. The actual price depends on the type of MRI, the centre and the city.
It helps in diagnosis, treatment planning and monitoring treatment progress for problems related to the knee joint.
If you schedule the same MRI scan through Bookmerilab, you can save up to 60% on your payment. The test is noninvasive, and unlike X-rays, it does not use any harmful radiation.
Test Details in Brief
Knee MRI Cost
Knee MRI uses an expensive MRI machine; it usually costs more than Rs 2499 in India. The Knee MRI scan price varies depending upon the MRI Centre, type of the scan, and the city.
City wise Prices
The table below lists the prices for some popular cities. You can click on the city name to list MRI centres in the respective city with prices and discounts.
The above costs are only available at Bookmerilab. You can now avail yourself up to a 60% Discount on your bookings.
Knee MRI Cost at Popular MRI Centres
Some popular diagnostics centers in India for Knee MRI scans, including their approximate costs.
Cost for Special MRI Knee Scans
Sometimes a doctor may recommend certain other tests/ scans along Knee MRI before announcing the eventual outcome or report. So, we have listed some recommendations below.
Knee MRI Purpose
A doctor may recommend a Knee MRI scan in the following conditions:-
- Pain, inflammation, or weakness in the knee
- Injuries such as a sprain, torn ligaments, etc
- Knee damage because of arthritis
- Stiffness in the knees
- Any pain or trauma after knee surgery
- Complications because of any implant in the knees
- Pain in the kneecap or any injury
- Infection in the knee joints
- Accumulation of fluid in the knee
The doctor may recommend an MRI knee before a surgical procedure or monitor knee treatment progress. MRI arthrogram helps for a better study of the knee structure.
MRI Scan Video
Knee MRI Arthrogram
An MRI arthrogram is performed by injecting a contrast material in the joints. It helps provide a better picture of the knee. The most common contrast used in MRI is gadolinium.
Synovitis Knee MRI
- We define synovitis as an inflammatory condition affecting the synovium of joints and other synovium-lined structures, such as tendon sheaths and bursae.
- When the synovial membrane in the knee becomes inflamed and swells, it causes discomfort or agony during joint movement.
- The signal characterizations for suggesting Synovitis are recommended for assessing synovial illness:-
- T1:- Hypointense
- T2:- Hyperintense
- T1 C+ (Gd):- Homogeneous Early Enhancement
- T2FS/ PDFS:- Hyperintense
MRI Scan Knee Meniscus Tear
- The fibrocartilaginous menisci of the knee cause meniscal tears. There are various forms, and they can occur in either an acute or chronic context.
- MRI Scan is the best way to diagnose meniscal tears.
- Most common signal characterizations:-
- T1:- hyperintense (Hard to distinguish between atrophy and meniscal tear)
- T2:- hyperintense (Synovial Fluid in the Meniscus)
Knee MRI Procedure
- MRI scan is performed by making a patient lie on a movable table.
- Straps are used to keep the person in a position.
- They may place some devices on the knee to receive radiofrequency. It provides better image quality.
- The movable table is placed in the MRI unit.
- The MRI technician records the scan on the computer.
- After MRI is done, they will ask you to wait or collect the report on the day.
- The entire procedure takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
They perform the entire procedure in a particular MRI room. If it is your first MRI, you will feel the loud noise made by the machine. Using an earplug or headphones will be helpful to avoid noise.
After the procedure, they hand the MRI result over to the patient after 1-2 days. You can resume your daily routine work after the scan.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes and avoid wearing any metal in the body.
- One can take the food and medicines as usual unless the healthcare provider restricts it.
- If the MRI scan is to be performed under contrast material, one must inform about the allergic reaction, if any.
- Inform the radiologist of any health conditions or any surgery you have recently undergone. As the contrast material might cause a problem.
- If you are claustrophobic, you might need a sedative. Your doctor shall provide the same.
- MRI scan is a safe scan when compared to CT scan and X-rays. If you have metal implants, it causes a problem during MRI.
- Since the MRI contains solid magnets, they do not permit metal items into the room with the MRI scanner:
- Hearing aids
- Pocket Knives
- Body Piercings
- Some people are allergic to contrast dye used in MRIs.
A doctor usually uses sedation or anaesthesia for MRI in children and babies. It helps the MRI radiology assistant get a good-quality image.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, suspect you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- While MRIs are usually safe for pregnant women, they are not routinely advised during the first trimester.
- Some MRIs require the use of a contrast dye to make the scan easier to analyze. This contrast dye is known as Gadolinium, and it is injected into your veins to highlight specific areas of the scan.
- Stop breastfeeding for two days following the test.
Is MRI better than X-ray, CT, and ultrasound?
MRI scans are better than the other scans. It is more versatile as it shows the difference between diseased tissue and healthy tissue. However, your doctor is the best judge for a better option based on your condition.
Doctors prefer MRI scans to examine the damage caused to the ligaments and tendons, any injury to the spinal cord, and brain tumours.
MRI shows cartilage damage, tear in the tendons and ligaments, bone fracture, infections, and tumours, unlike X-rays.
How the Knee MRI Report appears?
MRI images appear in black and white. The abnormal areas appear as bright white.
Your doctor will explain the scan in case of any abnormalities. Depending upon the report, further treatment is suggested.
Normal Knee MRI vs Abnormal
The scan below is Knee MRI Images explained for Normal Knee MRI anatomy. To the right (Abnormal anatomy) is the Resonance Imaging of a patient suffering from pain due to tearing in cartilage.
Abnormal Knee MRI
Other Abnormal MRI Results may occur due to (or considerations):
- Ganglion Cyst Knee
- Bone Cancer
- Cartilage injuries
- Knee Arthritis (Rheumatoid)
- Osteomyelitis (Bone Infection)
- Meniscal tear
- Osteonecrosis (Low Blood Supply)
MRI Knee sample report
Below is a sample report for MRI knee scan. Kindly note that observations will vary from case to case.
Bookmerilab offers MRI knee scan in all major cities of India. You can send us your prescription also. We will tell you the MRI centres near you with price, discount and appointment assistance. Fill the form below to receive a call back.