Here are the best information about Cost of root canal and crown with insurance voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
What Factors Determine the Cost of Dental Crowns?
Before getting a dental crown you will want to know the average cost of a crown so that you may weigh your options. As mentioned above, there are several variables that determine the cost of dental crowns. Some of these variables are as follows:
- The extent of damage to your teeth
- The type of material used to make the dental crown
- The size of the dental crown that is needed
- The tooth or teeth that require a crown
- Insurance limitations, deductibles and the insurance carrier you have
- The number of dental crowns that are needed
- The particular dentist or practice that you decide to go
How Many Dental Visits are Required When Getting a Dental Crown?
When a tooth needs a dental crown there are a number of important steps that need to be taken. At the initial visit, or consultation, the dental team at Freindly Dentistry will examine your teeth and take x-rays. They will discuss with you what your expectations are for your oral health.
If you decide that a dental crown is what you would like then there is preparation that is needed. This preparation will include either filing the tooth down or, if it is badly decayed, building it back up with filling material that will support the crown.
After this reshaping, there will be an impression or scan made of the tooth. While you are waiting for your dental crown to be custom made you will get a temporary crown to protect your tooth. Your scan or impression will be sent to a dental lab where the crown will be manufactured specifically to fit you.
At your second appointment, the temporary crown will be removed. The permanent crown will then be fitted into place. Once the nerves in the tooth and gums are numb, dental cement will be used to ensure that your permanent dental crown stays in place for the life of the crown.
What is the Average Cost of Dental Crowns?
These are the average price guidelines for receiving a dental crown. All of these prices are subject to change and they also could be more or less depending on insurance coverage.
- Initial Dental Exam: This is to determine your oral health status and to let the dentist know what your expectations are. During this initial exam, you will receive a visual examination, dental x-rays, and will have a discussion with your dentist about your specific needs as well as the available options.
- Dental X-rays: This helps the dentist to see your teeth beyond the naked eye. It shows the root of the teeth and the surrounding bone, which is important in determining what type of procedure you will need and if you have any underlying issues that are not apparent with a visual inspection.
- Dental Crown Material/Procedure: Each material and procedure can impact the overall cost of the crown, so it is strongly suggested that you speak with your dentist to find the best option for you based on your needs and your budget.
Most dental crowns at Friendly Dentistry in Greensboro, NC will cost between $1,200 – $1,500. Each individual will be different depending on the patient’s dental health, location of the crown, material used, and other factors. This is why it is important to schedule an initial consultation to get an estimated price of what your dental crown will cost.