Below are the best information about Allianz cruise insurance voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Adventure Pack benefits
This optional pack is designed to cover a range of more adventurous sports and activities not automatically covered in your policy. Please be aware that some sports and activities are not covered under any circumstances. Check the PDS for a list of what sports and activities are covered.You must be aged under 75 years at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued in order to purchase the Adventure Pack. You will not have cover under Benefits 1.4 Permanent Disability and 6.1 Personal Liability for any claims arising from, or in any way connected with your participation in any of the activities listed as covered adventure activities in the Adventure Pack.
Covered adventure activities
- animal conservation and handling (under appropriate supervision);
- battle re-enactment (but not with firearms);
- cave/river tubing;
- contact sports (including any form of rugby, Australian Rules football or American football);
- deep sea fishing;
- diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 metres (in order to be covered for this activity, you must hold an open water diving licence recognised in Australia or dive with an instructor licensed for these activities and note that restrictions apply – refer to General Exclusions ‘Activities’ and ‘Diving alone’);
- expeditions to or on the Kokoda Track/Trail;
- flying fox/zip lining;
- hiking, trekking or tramping, peaking at altitudes from 3,000 metres up to 6,000 metres, where specialist climbing equipment is not required;
- martial arts;
- motorcycles, mopeds or motorised scooters – including as the driver or as a pillion passenger;
- outdoor rock climbing (with ropes and appropriate safety gear);
- quad bike riding (but only single rider);
- sailing from 11 to 15 nautical miles from land;
- shooting (moving target – eg. clay pigeon), but not hunting;
- surface water activities in rivers or rapids graded IV or V under the International Scale of River Difficulty (see https://americanwhitewater.org);
- tandem parachuting, tandem sky diving, tandem hang gliding, tandem gliding and tandem paragliding (but you must be in tandem with a licenced instructor for these activities).
Even if you purchase the Adventure Pack, you will only be covered while riding on a motorcycle, moped, motorised scooter or quad bike if:
- you hold the appropriate class of licence (excluding learners licences) in Australia for the vehicle you are driving, or a licence valid for the country you are riding in, if your Australian licence is not recognised in that country;
- when you are riding as a pillion passenger on a motorcycle, moped or motorised scooter, the driver holds a licence valid for that vehicle and for the country it is being ridden in. However, this restriction will not apply if it is reasonable that you did not know that the driver was not licenced and no exclusion applies to the circumstances of your claim;
- you are the driver of a quad bike and you are not carrying a pillion passenger – there is also no cover if you ride as a pillion passenger on a quad bike;
- you wear an appropriate safety helmet at all times; and
- you are not participating in any race or riding a motorcycle, moped, motorised scooter or quad bike in a professional capacity.
Terms and conditions for Snow, Cruise and Adventure Packs
A base excess applies to the Snow Pack, Cruise Pack and Adventure Pack. You will not have cover under Benefits 1.4 Permanent Disability and 6.1 Personal Liability for any claims arising from, or in any way connected with your participation in any of the activities listed as covered adventure activities in the Adventure Pack or your participation in snow sport activities.
Snow and Adventure packs have an additional excess of $500 per pack. Overseas Medical and Hospital Expenses and Cancellation claims arising from your participation in snow sport or adventure activities will incur a $500 excess in addition to your chosen base excess. You cannot pay to remove or reduce this excess.
The above information is a summary only of the cover provided under the policy you may purchase. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Sub-limits apply to particular types of losses or claims. You do not have cover under certain sections while travelling in Australia. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.