Here are the top best Camaro insurance cost public topics compiled and compiled by our team
- Average Camaro insurance cost is $2,112 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest model of Camaro to insure is the 1LT Convertible at around $1,954 per year, or about $163 per month.
- The Camaro ranks #12 out of 23 vehicles in the 2022 sports car class for car insurance affordability.
How much is insurance for a Camaro?
Ranked #12 out of 23 vehicles in the sports car class, Camaro car insurance rates average $2,112 annually, or around $176 monthly. With the average sports car costing $2,152 a year to insure, Camaro insurance costs $40 less each year.
The following chart shows average car insurance cost for a 2022 Chevy Camaro rated for different driver ages and risk profiles.
To help you grasp how variable insurance rates for a Camaro are, think about the fact that insuring an older Camaro for only liability insurance in some parts of Illinois or North Carolina can cost as little as $209 a year. For the same model year of vehicle, average insurance cost for a 16-year-old driver with a tendency to speed in specific Philadelpha zip codes may have to pay as much as $13,082 a year for full coverage.
Some other notable rates and scenarios that can possibly earn policy discounts include:
- Insuring teenagers can be very expensive. Chevrolet Camaro car insurance costs $7,652 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $7,118 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $6,638 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Clean up your credit to lower your rates. In states that have laws allowing an insured’s credit rating to be used for generating rates, having a good credit rating over 800 could save a minimum of $332 per year when compared to a slightly lower credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a below average credit score could cost as much as $384 more per year.
- Your job could save you a few bucks. Most car insurance providers offer policy discounts for working in professions like high school and elementary teachers, members of the military, engineers, emergency medical technicians, farmers, and other occupations. Getting this discount applied to your policy could save between $63 and $159 on your Chevrolet Camaro insurance bill, depending on your age.
- High risk Camaro insurance is expensive. For a 30-year-old driver, the requirement to buy a high-risk policy could trigger a rate increase of $2,562 or more per year.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the insureds are homeowners, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are accident-free, belong to certain professional organizations, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $360 per year.
Does a ZL1 or SS Camaro cost more to insure?
The three most expensive Camaro models to insure are the Camaro 2SS Coupe, the ZL1 Convertible, and the ZL1 Coupe trim levels at around $2,256, $2,274, and $2,402 per year, respectively.
The cheapest Camaro model to insure is the 1LT Convertible at $1,954 per year. The next cheapest model to insure is the 1LS Coupe at $1,958 per year. On average, plan on budgeting a minimum of $163 per month for a policy with full coverage.
With 2022 Chevy Camaro insurance rates ranging from $1,954 to $2,402 per year on average, the cost difference between the cheapest and most expensive models is $448 per year.
The next table details average annual and 6-month Chevrolet Camaro car insurance rates, plus a monthly budget amount, for each 2022 model and trim level.
Where does Camaro insurance cost rank?
The Chevrolet Camaro ranks #12 out of 23 total comparison vehicles in the sports car category. The Camaro costs an average of $2,112 per year to insure, while the segment average cost is $2,152 per year, a difference of $40 per year.
When rates are compared directly to the most popular models in the sports car category, insurance for a Chevrolet Camaro costs $504 more per year than the Ford Mustang, $58 less than the Dodge Challenger, $378 more than the Subaru WRX, and $190 more than the Chevrolet Corvette.
The table below shows how well average Camaro insurance compares to all other cars in the 2022 sports car segment.
How much is Camaro insurance for teenagers?
Average car insurance rates for a teen driver on a 2022 Chevy Camaro are expensive. Prices range from the average cost to insure a 19-year-old female is $5,324 per year up to insurance for a 16-year-old male at $7,652 per year.
There is a good chance that a teen is driving an older model year of Camaro, rather than a new 2022 model, which will save a little bit on insurance. The chart below shows average car insurance rates on a 2015 Chevy Camaro for both male and female teen drivers, from age 16 to 19.
Teenagers are the most expensive age group to insure, and the performance of the Camaro does not help the situation. Any time a young, inexperienced driver is rated on any kind of vehicle with above average performance features, the result will be very high car insurance rates.
If keeping full coverage is mandatory, the only ways to reduce the cost of insuring a teen on a Camaro are to increase the physical damage deductibles, or ensure you’re getting every discount possible including good student and driver training discounts if you can.
If the Camaro is old enough and in somewhat poor condition, then dropping full coverage may be an option. Liability-only insurance is the cheapest policy available since it does not cover any losses like collisions, hail, fire, flood, theft, or vandalism.
Chevy Camaro prior model year insurance rates
The following sections detail Chevrolet Camaro insurance rates for every trim level for the 2013 to 2021 model years.
2021 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance rates for a 2021 Chevy Camaro are $2,294 per year, or around $191 per month. Rates range from $1,934 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,886 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2020 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Chevy Camaro are $1,912 per year, or around $159 per month. Rates range from $1,614 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,392 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2019 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates for a 2019 Chevrolet Camaro average $1,804 per year, or about $150 per month. Rates range from $1,460 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,260 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2018 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
2018 Chevy Camaro insurance rates average $1,764 per year, or around $147 per month. Cost ranges from $1,428 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,202 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
2017 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
A 2017 Chevrolet Camaro averages $1,596 per year for full coverage insurance, or around $133 per month. Rates range from $1,428 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,886 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
2016 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance cost for a 2016 Chevy Camaro is $1,546 per year, or around $129 per month. Rates range from $1,342 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,798 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
2015 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates average $1,540 per year for a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro, or around $128 per month. Rates range from $1,230 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,952 for the Camaro Z/28 Coupe.
2014 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance cost for a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro is $1,530 per year, or around $128 per month. Rates range from $1,218 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,948 for the Camaro Z/28 Coupe.
2013 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates for a 2013 Chevy Camaro average $1,380 per year, or about $115 per month. Rates range from $1,094 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,738 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.