Here are the top best Catering liability insurance voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Catering Company Insurance
Whether you are a business owner that has a catering service, run a catering business from your home, or you are a professional catering company with decades of experience and a massive client list, a simple mistake that goes unnoticed can land your catering company in hot water.
At ALIGNED, we only deal in insurance for businesses so we know exactly how to protect your catering and events company by getting you only the coverage you need that responds when you need it at rates you can afford.
Common Risks Faced by Catering Companies
The following scenarios represent risks that are common in the catering business:
- Accidentally serving spoiled food that causes several guests at a wedding to become ill or one guest at an event you catered claims they got sick because of your food and sues your catering company.
- While catering an event in a client’s home, one of your staff accidentally knocks over an antique vase worth thousands of dollars.
- One of your staff spills water on the floor and a guest slips, falls, and breaks their hip at a private party.
- Despite the signage you put out by the hot trays, a guest touches one and burns their fingers.
Commercial General Liability Insurance as part of your comprehensive catering insurance coverage can protect you from personal injuries, property damage, false advertising claims, and accusations of libel or slander by providing you with coverage for:
- Medical expenses for injuries to clients or third parties
- Costs to repair or replace damaged property
- Lawyer’s fees and defense costs
- Out-of-court settlements
- Awards for damages and judgments against your catering company
It’s important to remember that as catering professionals that serve dozens, if not hundreds of people at a time, a guest, disgruntled client, or even a competitor can file a false claim against you, forcing you to hire a lawyer to go to court and defend the lawsuit to clear your name.
Our CGL policies can also include extensions for:
- Product liability coverage protects you from liability for the food you serve.
- Liquor liability coverage to protect your catering company from the actions of an intoxicated guest and medical related-expenses.
- Tenant legal liability coverage in case your catering company causes damage to a rented property due to a kitchen fire, for example.
Other Recommended Successful Catering Business Insurance Coverages
Boiler & Machinery Insurance / Equipment Breakdown Insurance
Commercial Vehicle/Auto Insurance
Property Insurance that includes extensions for:
- Business Interruption Coverage
- Extra Expense Coverage
- What you Should Know About Food and Beverage Insurance
- Liability Insurance for Events – Why You Need One For Hosting Events
- How To Manage Your Social Host Liquor Liability
Get ALIGNED with Commercial Insurance Coverages That Cater to You
We know that catering companies try to save money where they can. Our brokers are not just commercial insurance agents, we’re advocates who work for you. Our job is to protect your catering company by getting you the type of coverage options you need from Canada’s top insurance companies at the best rates possible.
Contact an ALIGNED advocate to get a free quote in minutes on catering business insurance or get started right away by using our free online tool.