Below is a list of the best Average car salesman salary voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
According to various salary aggregate websites, a car salesman’s salary in the US ranges between $40,653 and $89,205, with an average salary of $57,012. As of July 2022, the base salaries for car salesmans are listed as follows:
Keep in mind: Salary aggregate websites typically rely on data submitted anonymously by individuals using their site. Some websites may have received larger amounts of data of either higher or lower than average salaries, which may affect the site’s calculated average.
Read more: What Is a Car Salesman? How to Become One
What influences a salary?
The salary of a Car Salesman is determined by a number of factors, including education, experience, and job location. In this article, we will take a closer look at how these factors impact salary.
Years of experience
Salary increases are generally tied to your experience level. In general, the more years you spend working as a car salesman, the more you can expect to earn. Here’s how experience can impact your car salesman salary, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the National Compensation Survey.
Where you live can also impact how much you can make as a car salesman. Typically, working in a large metropolitan area correlates to a higher salary, as well as a higher cost of living.
Here is a list of some major cities with their corresponding average car salesman salary according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
How does this compare to similar jobs?
Here’s how a car salesman’s salary stacks up against similar jobs.
How to increase your car salesman salary
Now that you have a better idea of what you could expect to earn as a car salesman, let’s look at ways to boost your salary.
1. Strengthen your skills
Pursuing and improving in-demand skills could make you more competitive for promotions and higher-paying positions. These skills include:
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service to build relationships and close sales
- Product Knowledge: Understand features and benefits of the car models you are selling
- Sales Techniques: employ various sales techniques, such as the consultative sell and the elevator pitch
- Negotiation: Negotiate with customers on price, financing, and trade-ins
- Closing: Close the sale by asking for the customer’s business
2. Seek regular feedback
If you’re selling cars and want to improve your salary, one of the best things you can do is to seek regular feedback from your manager. This way, you can identify any areas where you need to improve, and work on them. Additionally, asking for feedback shows that you’re invested in your job and want to do well, which could make your manager more likely to give you a raise.
3. Grow your network
Car salesmen are often paid based on commission, meaning that the more cars they sell, the more money they make. As such, it’s in your best interest to grow your network and sell as many cars as possible. One way to do this is to attend industry events and meet as many people as you can. You can also try cold-calling or door-to-door sales.
1. US Bureau of Labor Statistics. “National Compensation Survey, https://www.bls.gov/ncs/.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
2. US Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Occupational Employment and Wages, https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes412031.htm.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
3. Payscale. “Car Salesman Salary, https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Car_Salesman/Salary.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
4. Ziprecruiter. “CAR Salesman Annual Salary, https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/CAR-Salesman-Salary.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
5. Indeed. “Indeed Salary Finder, https://www.indeed.com/career/salaries.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
6. Salary.com. “Car Salesman Salary, https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/car-salesman-salary.” Accessed July 2, 2022.
7. Glassdoor. “Car Salesman Salaries, https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/car-salesman-salary-SRCH_KO0,12.htm.” Accessed July 2, 2022.