Below is a list of the best Car accident chiropractor public topics compiled and compiled by our team
6 Reasons Chiropractic Care Can Help After a Car Accident
People who have been through a car accident, may not think of a chiropractor as one of the first medical professionals to see afterwards for injury treatment. However, a chiropractor can be a helpful person to consult with especially if you sustained injuries related to the musculoskeletal system and spine. A chiropractor can do an evaluation of your injuries and make recommendations for treatment.
The Pros and Cons of Conventional Medicine
Conventional medicine can truly save lives when it comes to emergency situations, serious infections, and other life-threatening conditions. The potential downside to conventional medicine when it comes to car accident injuries, is that unless a bone is broken or something more serious was sustained many doctors just prescribe pain and anti-inflammatory medication and send the patient on his or her way. Unfortunately, this may only be temporarily blanketing an injury without healing the root of the problem.
Where Chiropractors Can Step In
A car accident victim may be surprised to leave their doctor’s office with only a handful of prescriptions and not much else in terms of a treatment plan. Back aches, neck pain, stiffness, soreness, and restricted range of motion are all very common for those who were recently in a car crash. A chiropractor can identify why these symptoms are arising and instead of numbing them through medication, can perform spinal and other joint adjustments and physical therapy in Gaithersburg, MD. Through these sessions, many patients may experience these eight primary benefits:
- Reduces inflammation: micro-tears within the muscles and ligaments of the body are common, and cannot be found through a standard x-ray. Spinal adjustments can bring the spine back into alignment, producing natural anti-inflammatory properties to assist with discomfort from these tears.
- Reduces scar tissue: muscles can get scarred after an accident, causing stiffness and soreness. A chiropractor can target these scarred areas and help break down the build-up quicker than if it was left to heal on its own. Less scar tissue means a person is likely to feel better much faster.
- Decreased need for medication: prescription pain medication can be very addictive. Taking a heavy painkiller in the short-term may turn into a continued addiction or dependency. Chiropractic adjustments can ensure that the true injury is being healed, and that pain isn’t simply being masked as an effect of the medications.
- Long-term benefits: receiving chiropractic care promptly after a car accident can help prevent minor injuries from worsening into serious and chronic conditions down the road.
- Restore range of motion: neck or back injuries can result in restricted mobility. It may be difficult to turn your neck or move in other ways when your muscles are inflamed. Mobilizing the spine through chiropractic adjustments can help restore proper range of motion and encourage the healing process.
- Reduce pain: with spinal adjustments, a person can have pain reduced in not only the affected areas, but relief throughout their entire body too. Many people express feeling significant relief immediately following an adjustment, which could be due to the release of pain-reducing hormones.
Thanks to Pain Arthritis Relief Center for their insight into chiropractic care and physical therapy after a car accident injury.