Here are the best information about How to sell life insurance successfully voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
3. Prospect every day
As a new agent, you probably spent a significant amount of your time drumming up business. When your residual income started rolling in, your sense of urgency may have faded.
No one expects you to spend half your day looking for new business. However, prospecting is necessary to sustain your agency’s growth. Set aside an hour each day for:
- Reading local news outlets. Pay attention to the business section, but also look at engagement announcements. Both may hold sales opportunities.
- Generating leads. Put features on your website that request email addresses, like a newsletter signup or a “Get a Quote” button.
- Calling business owners. Cold calling is not dead, it’s just unpleasant. Check out the post “4 surefire ways to boost insurance cold calling results” for tips to make it easier.
- Give extra business cards. Provide cards to new clients and ask your current clients to share your contact information and phone number with other potential customers.
- Do your own lead generation. Make sure your friends, family, and existing clients are aware of the types of insurance products and advice you offer.
To improve your return on prospecting, make sure you listen to prospective clients and address any doubts or concerns. Be ready to explain why they need insurance and how it can save them money in the long run.
4. Partner with other professionals
Reach out to professionals who might be interested in a similar clientele. For instance, you may want to set up a lead-sharing relationship with:
- Real estate agents
- Mortgage brokers
- Financial planners
If you develop relationships with other professionals in your niche, your clients will appreciate your ability to point them to an expert who can offer what they need. It’s also a win-win when the other professional sends new customers and potential clients to your business.
5. Nurture your leads
It would be great if every pitch led to a sale, but the insurance world seldom works that way. That’s why generating leads is as important as nurturing them. Set up a system that keeps your agency top-of-mind while also promoting your value to their business. To do that, you may want to:
- Write blogs that demonstrate your expertise on subjects like life insurance, annuities, health insurance, and other insurance needs.
- Create short educational videos explaining different policies.
- Offer webinars that show how insurance can address their concerns.
- Send regular emails with valuable risk management strategies.
- Connect with your insurance clients on social media sites like LinkedIn, and post useful content to expand your customer base and make more people aware of your insurance company.
Don’t underestimate the power of email marketing. If you send out a newsletter filled with helpful tips and advice, sales should soon follow. That’s the key to success: become a friendly, well-known expert, and new business will come to you.
Compare quotes from trusted carriers with Insureon
While generating clients for your insurance business and helping find them coverage is one of your top priorities, it is also important to make sure that your own agency is protected with the right insurance policies.
Complete Insureon’s easy online application today to compare insurance quotes from top-rated U.S. carriers. Once you find the right policy for your small business, you can begin coverage in less than 24 hours.